August 27, 2011

Losing Weight: Discipline and Motivation

It's been a year the last time I talked myself to lose some pounds and I was successful for a few months. I did lose a lot of weight last year.


I was so dedicated because last December 2010 my best friend got married and I'm one of the brides maid then me and my fiancee went on vacation last February of this year and my body was bikini worth it! First time I wore two piece bikini but now all my hard work have been blown away thanks to my not so disciplined life-style.


Last June I decided to ask the doctors if they could run some tests so I would know if there's something wrong with my body. My metabolism just went down and slow like I wasn't even myself anymore. The tests went well and my sugar level is normal, my thyroid is working fine but I have high cholesterol. 


I must admit I eat a lot of fried foods especially the cold cuts. I don't know how to avoid that right now since I'm juggling from work to writing then I got no time to cook real meals. The doctor told me that I can lower my cholesterol by eating right and exercising. 


Sounds good and easy if I have the time left for me to eat healthy food or exercise a lot but unfortunately, I don't. Or I just don't want to do it all. I do have a lot time its just that I don't know how to plan ahead of what I'm going to do. But what hit me harder than knowing that I was jeopardizing my health for reasoning out that I don't have time is that my fiancee has something to tell me that could shock me to my inner core.


My fiancee told me a few months ago that although he loved me, he's not physically attracted to me. That was like a bus just hit me full impact! He told me that I do have a lot of time in my sleeves its just that I'm using them to sit in front of the computer updating my Facebook account, reading articles and news or just playing some games online.


He told me straight that I'm getting fatter each day and he's losing the girl he fell in love with 6 years ago. I promised to him that I'll keep my body tight and that I'll take care of myself not only for him but for me as well.  Looking good and feeling good is something that any person should invest in be it time or money.


I've spent so much time contemplating on other things while I'm ruining my body inside and out.


Now I want to make things right and I know that the key for me to change is to become disciplined and motivated. 


If you'll ask me if I know what's the word discipline, the first thing that comes out of my head is hard work and pain. This pertains to exercise. I HATE EXERCISE! I don't like the pain and I feel stupid when doing those poses I see on the DVD's that I bought that I watched like a couple of times only.


I sound silly but its true. That's my perspective towards exercising. I feel awful when someone's looking at me when I'm running near our pad. I'm scared that their looking at me and criticizing my body, the way I run, how I look like with all the sweat beading in my face.


I'm so insecure that I don't want to start on doing something for ME.


But I realized what will happen to me when I succumb to the insecurities I feel. What will happen if I got sick because I didn't do anything to lower my cholesterol? What will happen when my fiancee leaves me because he feels that I'm not putting effort in our relationship by keeping my promise?


So many what ifs and what wills but I haven't done anything for the past months. I just sit here in my bed watching countless online shows, reading articles that I'm not even applying to myself and wasting time doing nothing.


I need to be disciplined in order to get what I want and that's to look good and be healthy. My motivation should be my health and my body. God gave us only one life. One body. We need to nurture it and not simply let it go to waste.

Philippians 4:12-13
New International Version (NIV)
12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

I'm going to start TODAY! Nothing will change if I keep on saying TOMORROW.


I want to do it the right way. I have a lot of time. I just need to be disciplined and motivated!



No comments:

Post a Comment