February 26, 2011

The Classic Savory Restaurant

The Classic Savory Restaurant

It was Christmas Eve and we decided to go to the mall and buy my mom some new clothes and to go to the supermarket as well to buy groceries.  My brother and I were so tired since we both came from work that time. Tired and hungry we looked for a restaurant that is near the supermarket area of the mall.

My mom pointed at the Classic Savory Restaurant and told us she wanted to try their savory chicken again as it’s been a long time she hasn’t eaten there.  I didn’t know that this restaurant was established so long that it’s even older than my mom.  So this is going to be my first time to eat a savory chicken.  I really don’t know the difference of this chicken from the ordinary fried or roasted chicken I normally eat at fast-food restaurants.

He ordered ComboA already good for two persons this meal includes ½ chicken, rice, savory shanghai rolls and long life pancit canton.  Next he ordered another combo meal which is Combo B1, the meal consists of ¼ chicken, rice, salt and pepper spareribs, special turon and tropical cooler.  We also ordered two extra rice and bottled water.

We were lucky to be just a few minutes ahead of sitting outside the restaurant since one Chinese family came and they were like 10-15 persons.  The restaurant is not that big and only has a few tables inside and outside.  I guess it can serve up to 30-50 persons and since it’s inside the mall and near the exit, a lot of people eat here and order take outs.

I was getting excited since I saw a man waiting for his ordered for takeout and he bought 10 boxes of whole chicken!  Seriously!  I was thinking maybe the chicken here really taste that good.

After 10 minutes our order came and the food was great I tell you.  The long life pancit canton was so good.  My mom is a mean cook and was a teacher in Technology and Home Economics. We have our own snack bar in our village and she cooks pancit canton whether it be fried or vermicelli noodles she’ll use and it taste very good but to hear her say that the pancit canton in this restaurant is good, it really is.

The fried chicken was good and the gravy was not what I’m accustomed to having paired with the chicken.  They said the chicken was fried and cooked in a low pot filled of boiling oil but it taste like it was roasted.  I thought of another restaurant that caters roasted chicken but the savory chicken is different.

It does taste good at first but while I’m eating it, it’s better off with the gravy than without it.  The chicken meat was bland and not that juicy.  I’m not that disappointed with the restaurant yet because I love their pancit canton.

Then I ate the shanghai rolls and well honestly it’s not good at all.   It taste as if it was only half cooked.  My mom and brother didn’t eat it all since they didn’t like the taste of it as well.  I tried a little of the salt and pepper spareribs and it was okay as well.  Nothing much to say about it since it tasted like all the other spareribs I’ve tried on other restaurants.

The food wasn’t pricey so I guess we got what we paid for.  We paid like $15 for the whole meal.  The food was pleasant but not that great.  Only the long life pancit canton will hold a place in my heart for this restaurant as their chicken didn’t meet my expectations.

Service was, it was fast but the waiter we had was rude and non-accommodating at all.  When my brother was giving our orders he keeps on interfering every time my brother says something.  Good thing my brother was in the holiday mood or he’ll say his piece to this waiter.  I would love to give a low rating for this restaurant because of their waiter but I wouldn’t because one of the waitresses looked for us after we left the restaurant to give my pressed powder that I accidentally left in the table. 

I’m a food enthusiast.  I experiment with food and eat out a lot that is why I’m disappointed with this restaurant.  It’s my first time to eat a savory chicken but it doesn’t mean I don’t like it.  I love chicken from fast food fried chickens to the roasted one.   Not being satisfied with what I ate puts a big NO mark on my list on that restaurant.  But I wouldn’t mind ordering their long life pancit canton for take out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment